Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team and help develop a next-generation product that will complement the suite of solutions for securing the world’s connected devices? Are you self-driven and smart? Do you have ambitions to make a difference?
As part of building our team, we seek a Product Manager to lead the development of our cutting-edge products. The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background, excellent project management skills, and a passion for driving product innovation.
As the Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for guiding the success of a product by creating a product vision/strategy and clearly communicating it internally and externally using a product roadmap. You will be collaborating with cross-functional teams of engineering, marketing, sales, and support, to execute product deliverables and ensure that our products meet the needs of our customers. You will also be responsible for gathering and analyzing the market and customer feedback to inform product decisions, and for communicating product updates and strategy to stakeholders.
In this position, you will:
- Create the product strategy: define the long-term plan for the product in separate steps and focus areas, such as by vertical, distribution channel, geography, or “editions” of the product for different types of customers. Ensure internal alignment on the strategy
- Own the product roadmap: define and clearly articulate the business goals and customer value to the product team, so they understand the intent behind every initiative, such as a new feature or improvement. Use the product roadmap to assist sales in closing customers
- Ensure the product meets the legal and pricing requirements of the market
- Very frequently interact with customers to clearly understand their broader needs, discover new product opportunities/ideas and current issues with the product
- Monitor competitors, assess threats, and plan how to differentiate in the market
- Ensure generation of new product ideas, both from the market and internally, and facilitate them; scope and prioritize which ones to invest in, given strategy alignment and cost/value
- Validate ideas with customers and prospects before developing them into a product feature or release to maximize the customer value of product releases
- Work closely with the UX and designers to ensure the user experience works well for the customer use cases
- Define the scope/requirements of new features, and ensure features are broken down into small, valuable iterations by collaborating with engineers
- Clarify scope and customer value to engineers so they can estimate the cost of features before development starts
- Monitor the progress of iterations, ensuring those meet the defined scope/requirements, and raise concerns if it becomes more expensive than expected
- Assist in marketing the product, such as positioning in a given context, and help create content for webinars, blogs, and conferences to promote the product best
- Act as Product Owner in SCRUM
Required skills and experience
- At least five years of experience as a Product Manager / Product Owner
- Solid track record showing successful completion of building a product from scratch
- Technical background as a software engineer or similar
- Familiarity with project management methodologies, processes, software, and tools, such as JIRA.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, including SCRUM or Kanban
- Strong communication and leadership skills, as well as the ability to delegate tasks and make decisions effectively.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working with product companies (not software houses)
- Experience with IoT or embedded systems
- Experience with developing client and hosted or cloud products
- Security and quality-minded
Northern.tech is an international and innovative team based in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.”
We have a strong belief in our company culture, and think that every day at work should be enjoyable and meaningful.
We’re looking for team players. We’re looking for people who love to learn. We’re looking for optimists. We’re looking for those who bring out the best in others. We’re looking for people who can grow. We’re looking for people who are different.
- Fair pay & benefits
- Flexible working hours & vacation time
- Generous parental and family leave
Apply for this position
If you believe you are a good fit for the position and will thrive in our working culture, please leave your details and resume below.
We believe that everyone should be treated equally and with respect while working with us, and during the hiring experience. Learn more about our application process.