Inside sales representative, Mender
Location: Anywhere (Europe, USA)
Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team and help bring to market a must-have open source software product to connected devices/the Internet of Things?
We are an experienced and successful team with offices in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.” Our two award winning products are the established CFEngine and the newly released Mender.
For Mender we are looking for an Enterprise Marketing person to join our marketing team. This person should have expertise in crafting and executing marketing tactics, strategies, plans and activities of highly technical products in the B2B software Enterprise market.
To utilize the very promising growth potential of Mender, we are seeking an ambitious inside sales person with a solid track record and network in the software space.
The person will work alongside one of our technical experts and be responsible for direct revenue target and is expected to possess necessary know-how to drive efficient cross-functional efforts from discovery proof-of-concepts to eventual revenue.
- Sell Mender directly to enterprise customers
- Manage prospect and customer lifecycle from sourcing to closing and nurturing
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
- Closely work with Field-Sales to discuss upselling opportunities
- Split time between outbound and inbound activities
- Define, measure, and track relevant monthly metrics against goals for learning
- Continuously invest in learning and obtaining deep product knowledge about Mender and understand how this translates to business value
- Work closely with product management to provide market feedback and recommendations
- Learn about and understand competitors and rules of the ecosystem
- Track all activities and results in CRM
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in selling B2B software enterprise products
- Proven CRM skills to manage lots of opportunities in parallel
- Structured, data-driven and analytical with eagerness to learn and improve
- Very strong interpersonal skill sets
- Startup experience preferred and a comfort in small teams with an emphasis on execution and getting things done
- Above average technical skills (we sell Linux software)
- Experience and interest in embedded systems, Internet of Things (IoT), connected devices space
- Ability to work across different time zones when needed
- Native English speaker. Knowing German or another major European languages is considered a big advantage
How do you know if this is the right job for you?
You want to be part of some new, cool and meaningful. You want to make a material difference. You are open-minded and embrace change as a good thing. You possess the “entrepreneurial” DNA.
You believe you will thrive in our working culture, and want to be part of an international and innovative team.