Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team, and help bring to market a must-have open source software product to connected devices and the Internet of Things?
As part of building out our team, we are looking for a frontend developer with backend experience for Mender. The product, based on open source, has in a short period of time become a standard for over-the-air updates of IoT and connected devices.
Are you self-driven and smart? Do you have ambitions to make a difference? We seek a product life-cycle developer (designing, implementing, documenting, testing, maintaining and supporting). Please note that for this role candidates can be located either in Oslo or remotely in Europe.
In this position, you will:
- Research development tasks from low- to high-level
- Estimate resources and time needed to finish a task
- Develop tasks as defined in planning meetings
- Collaborate closely with UX, client, and backend engineers
- Present new code created to the team bi-weekly
- Document new code and ensure that documentation is published in due time
- Write acceptance and integration tests for all new code
- Provide support to external and internal customers
- Debug and fix issues relating to own code
- Provide technical expertise for planning new features and improvements
Required skills and experience
- You have at least 2-5 years of engineering experience
- Some backend web programming experience at scale (git, RESTful APIs, HTTP)
Desired skills and experience
- MSc. in Engineering, Information Technology, or similar
- Experience with JS frameworks such as React.js, Angular
- Experience working with UI frameworks like Bootstrap
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors like SASS or LESS
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience using build tools such as Gulp/grunt/webpack
- Experience with various testing tools and frameworks and CI/CD knowledge
- You have previously implemented scalable frontend and backend web applications
- Some Golang experience or a willingness and ability to learn
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with developing hosted or cloud products
- You are security and quality-minded (you have experience with test-driven development)
- Experience working in distributed agile teams
Northern.tech is an international and innovative team based in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.”
We have a strong belief in our company culture, and think that every day at work should be enjoyable and meaningful.
We’re looking for team players. We’re looking for people who love to learn. We’re looking for optimists. We’re looking for those who bring out the best in others. We’re looking for people who can grow. We’re looking for people who are different.
- Fair pay & benefits
- Flexible working hours & vacation time
- Generous parental and family leave
Apply for this position
If you believe you are a good fit for the position and will thrive in our working culture, please leave your details and resume below.
We believe that everyone should be treated equally and with respect while working with us, and during the hiring experience. Learn more about our application process.