Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team, and help bring to market a must-have open source software product to connected devices and the Internet of Things?
We're looking for an embedded Linux engineer with customer-facing experience, to provide support and technical know-how to customers and prospects.
In this position, you will:
- Provide customer support, assisting in onboarding and the continuous use of Mender
- Provide presales/field engineering. Use your technical excellence to help prospects understand how Mender fits into their plans, both remotely and onsite as needed
- Provide onsite and remote professional services, as needed on a case-by-case basis
- Secondary responsibilities may include:
- Influencing product roadmap. Gathering market feedback and funneling it to the product team
- CFP submissions. Crafting, submitting, and delivering talk proposals at conferences
- Technical evangelism
- Contributing to documentation and technical marketing content
Required skills and experience
- Experience in designing Embedded Linux platforms, such as writing Board Support Packages, system integration and Embedded Linux system programming, or similar
- Yocto Project knowledge
- U-Boot knowledge, especially board integration of U-Boot, such as working with vendor forks of U-Boot or supporting new boards with U-Boot
- Experience in working with several types of embedded memory storage, such as eMMC, SD, Raw NAND, NOR. Understanding of partition layout, file system and software requirements for reliably implementing each of the memory storage technologies, such as wear leveling and UBI
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar education
Desired skills and experience
- Deep knowledge about issues and features in specific U-Boot versions is considered a plus
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Basic knowledge of REST APIs over HTTP
- Basic Golang knowledge
Northern.tech is an international and innovative team based in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.”
We have a strong belief in our company culture, and think that every day at work should be enjoyable and meaningful.
We’re looking for team players. We’re looking for people who love to learn. We’re looking for optimists. We’re looking for those who bring out the best in others. We’re looking for people who can grow. We’re looking for people who are different.
- Fair pay & benefits
- Flexible working hours & vacation time
- Generous parental and family leave
Apply for this position
If you believe you are a good fit for the position and will thrive in our working culture, please leave your details and resume below.
We believe that everyone should be treated equally and with respect while working with us, and during the hiring experience. Learn more about our application process.