Embedded Linux Engineer - Customer Success, Mender
Location: Remote, USA
Our mission is to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.” At Mender, we have set course to develop the world’s first open source, easy-to-use security framework for the Internet of Things (IoT), specifically in the embedded Linux space.
Our first application is a secure over-the-air software update solution that allows organizations to remotely and safely make sure their connected products are patched and up to date.
Are you interested in the challenge we are taking on? Are you an embedded Linux engineer with customer-facing experience? Please read on to see if there may be a mutual fit.
- Customer support - assisting in onboarding and continuous use of Mender
- Presales/field engineering. Using your technical excellence to help prospects understand how Mender fit into their plans, both remotely and onsite as needed
- Onsite and remote professional services. As needed on a case-by-case basis
- Secondary responsibilities may include:
- Influencing product roadmap. Gathering market feedback and funneling it to the product team
- CFP submissions. Crafting, submitting, and delivering talk proposals at conferences
- Technical evangelism
- Contributing to documentation and technical marketing content
- Travel may be up to 30%, dependent on customer demand
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in designing Embedded Linux platforms, such as writing Board Support Packages, system integration and Embedded Linux system programming, or similar.
- Yocto Project knowledge.
- U-Boot knowledge, especially board integration of U-Boot, such as working with vendor forks of U-Boot or supporting new boards with U-Boot. Deep knowledge about issues and features in specific U-Boot versions is considered a plus.
- Experience in working with several types of embedded memory storage, such as eMMC, SD, Raw NAND, NOR. Understanding of partition layout, file system and software requirements for reliably implementing each of the memory storage technologies, such as wear leveling and UBI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar education. Master’s degree is considered a plus.
- Basic knowledge of REST APIs over HTTP or the ability and willingness to learn.
- Basic Golang knowledge or the ability and willingness to learn.
How do you know if this is the right job for you?
You want to be part of some new, cool and meaningful. You want to make a material difference. You are open-minded and embrace change as a good thing. You possess the “entrepreneurial” DNA.
You believe you will thrive in our working culture, and want to be part of an international and innovative team.