Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team, and help bring to market a must-have open source software product to connected devices and the Internet of Things?
As part of building out our team, we are looking for a backend software engineer with operations experience to help scale up Mender. The product, based on open source, has in a short period of time become a standard for over-the-air updates of IoT and connected devices.
Are you self-driven and smart? Do you have ambitions to make a difference? We seek a product life-cycle developer (designing, implementing, documenting, testing, maintaining and supporting). Please note that for the role, we are looking for candidates located either in Oslo or remote in Europe only.
In this position, you will:
- Research development tasks from low- to high-level
- Estimate resources and time needed to finish a task
- Develop tasks as defined in planning meetings
- Present new code created to the team bi-weekly
- Document new code and ensure documentation is published in due time
- Write acceptance and integration tests for all new code
- Provide support to external and internal customers
- Debug and fix issues relating to own code
- Provide technical expertise for planning new features and improvements
- Help out with SaaS platform and QA tasks
- Take part in the rotating “Build Master” duty, monitoring the status of our build system ensuring that all repositories are in a verified state
Required skills and experience
- You have a MSc. in Engineering, Information Technology, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years of professional Linux programming experience
- You have previously designed the architecture and chosen tooling for backend scalable web applications
- You have experience of backend web programming at scale (git, RESTful APIs, HTTP)
- Golang experience, or willingness and ability to learn Golang
- Experience of Python and test frameworks such as pytest
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience with developing hosted or cloud product
- Experience architecting and building cloud services
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration tools
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud
- You are security- and quality-minded
Desired skills and experience
- Experience working in distributed agile teams
Northern.tech is an international and innovative team based in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.”
We have a strong belief in our company culture, and think that every day at work should be enjoyable and meaningful.
We’re looking for team players. We’re looking for people who love to learn. We’re looking for optimists. We’re looking for those who bring out the best in others. We’re looking for people who can grow. We’re looking for people who are different.
- Fair pay & benefits
- Flexible working hours & vacation time
- Generous parental and family leave
Apply for this position
If you believe you are a good fit for the position and will thrive in our working culture, please leave your details and resume below.
We believe that everyone should be treated equally and with respect while working with us, and during the hiring experience. Learn more about our application process.