Technical Product Marketing
San Francisco, Bay Area or remote within North America (USA and Canada)
Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team and help bring to market a must-have open source software product to connected devices/the Internet of Things? We are an experienced and successful team with offices in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.” Our two award winning products are the established CFEngine and the newly released Mender.
To strengthen our marketing for Mender, we are seeking a dynamic technical product marketing person with an exceptionally strong working capacity. Our new technical product marketer will work closely with the product manager to ensure product/market fit and sales to ensure the right tools are in place for sales enablement. This person would own the product’s messaging and positioning and own analytics and other mechanisms to measure prospect and user behavior to expand our reach into the most relevant markets.
- Own the messaging and positioning: craft the narrative to be used across each stage of the funnel. Test and optimize across target audiences.
- Own the audience insights: do deep-dives into understanding customer segments, leverage Google Analytics and other resources to measure user behavior, understand their needs and build data-based, actionable insights to execute our go-to-market.
- Build effective value proposition and messaging for sales, partners, press, analysts
- Define, prioritize and develop relevant and effective content such as customer case studies, technical articles, and conference presentations for end users that demonstrate impact in adoption and engagement
- Address customer and partner needs by having a very deep and discerning understanding of the end-user and buyer personas.
- Work closely with product management and sales.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in technical and/or product marketing
- Experience in bottoms-up marketing targeting software and/or embedded developers
- Data-driven and analytical
- Some background in software development highly preferred
- Startup experience (less than 50 employees) preferred and a comfort in small teams with an emphasis on execution and getting things done. Ability to wear multiple hats seamlessly
- Process-practical: You value repeatable practices but not at the expense of progress. You are never afraid to speak up when best practices prove not to be and encourage others to challenge the status quo
- Ideally experienced in embedded systems, Internet of Things (IoT), connected devices space
How do you know if this is the right job for you?
You have good interpersonal skills and are a team player. You want to be part of something cool and meaningful. You want to make a material difference. You believe in our mission to “Secure the world’s connected devices”. You are open-minded and embrace change as a good thing. You possess the “entrepreneurial” DNA.
You want to be part of something new with the potential of becoming really big, and believe you will thrive in our working culture.