Software Quality Automation engineer
At Northern.tech our mission is to “Secure the world’s connected devices”.
We are the team behind Mender, a secure and easy to use over-the-air update
solution that allows organizations to remotely and safely make sure their connected products are up to date.
For Mender we are looking to hire a Software Quality Automation engineer. Do you like the challenge we have taken on? Are you an engineer with passion for quality and automation?
- Develop new tests and continuously seek to increase test coverage of our code in various ways
- Develop and maintain a test automation framework fully integrated with our CI-system
- Analyze, identify and manage bugs and system defects
- Develop and maintain monitoring and test tooling used for product’s SaaS offering
- Maintain and improve software release scripts
Other shared tasks
- Work with and enable developers to run tests faster and more conveniently and ensure that features are well documented and easy to understand
- Be responsible for always seeking to reduce overall time from code commit to production ready code
- Develop and maintain various testing tools used for development and testing
Desired skills and experience
- Experienced Linux software tester and developer with minimum 3 years experience
- Solid understanding of the HTTP protocol and REST API
- Programming experience in Python and Shell
- Basic understanding of Go, or strong desire to learn Go
- Experience with the following technologies: Docker, Docker-compose, Jenkins/Travis, AWS, Selenium/WebDriver
- In possession of the "automation DNA" who proactively fixes problems, and hates manual work
- Communicate well with both developers, operations and product members, and being able to convey messages and issues clearly
- Entrepreneurial attitude; pro-actively getting things done and being creative in finding new and better ways of doing things
- A curious investigator that takes pride in finding hidden bugs and issues
How do you know if this is the right job for you?
First of all, you seek excellence. You want to be the best at what you do.
Whenever you are able to automate and continuously improve the system, you smile.
You are always looking for ways to automate, and you hate doing things manually or experience service degradations.
Everything you do is in code.
You take great pride in your work.
You want to be part of something new with the potential of becoming really big, and believe you will thrive in our working culture.