Senior full-stack engineer
At Northern.tech our mission is to secure the world’s connected devices.
Our CFEngine product is known for its performance and
scalability leveraged by leading companies in a number of industries such as finance,
automotive, pharmaceutical, oil & gas, consumer electronics, and telecom. Our
software is running on millions of mission-critical production servers worldwide.
Are you ready to take on the responsibility for the success of our business critical software? Do you have great ambitions to make a difference?
Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team, and help develop
IT-solutions that are being used by the world’s largest organizations?
We are seeking a senior full-stack software engineer to work on CFEngine in our office in Oslo.
- Be responsible for CFEngine Enterprise server-side code
- Plan and estimate time for new features and maintenance tasks
- Develop, test, implement and document new features and fixes
- Ensure releases according to our time-driven release schedule
- Coordinate sprint process with remote teams
- Ensure continuation of our high standards when it comes to:
Other shared tasks
- Participate in remote customer sales meetings
- Join our team on customer calls
- Ensure you understand customers' concerns, issues and needs
- Explain to customers in simple technical terms how the software works
- Be responsible for supporting the code you commit throughout its lifetime
- Customer support related to Enterprise server-side code
Required skills and experience
- 3-7 years of professional programming experience in Linux environments
- Back-end web programming experience at scale (REST, HTTP)
Desired skills and experience
- Msc. in Engineering, Information Technology, or similar
- Previously architected, designed and implemented back-end scalable web applications
- Open source SQL databases and in-memory solutions like Redis / Memcached
- User and identity management such as LDAP integration
- PHPUnit and Codeigniter
- C experience
- Impeccable track-record, highly professional and accountable
- Security and quality minded with experience in test-driven development
How do you know if this is the right job for you?
First of all, you seek excellence. You want to be the best at what you do.
You take great pride in your work.
You believe in automation. You are open-minded, embrace change, and want to be part of something meaningful.
You believe you will thrive in our working culture, and want to be part of an international and innovative team.