Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team, and help develop and grow a next generation security platform?
To improve the overall look and feel of CFEngine websites and GUI, as well as implement new and innovative features, we are seeking a designer with a genuine drive to create systems which are easy to use and improve the user experience of an existing and powerful piece of software. It is important that you see opportunities and areas of improvement and are not afraid to take initiative, create tasks or even make the changes yourself.
In this position, you will:
- Take ownership of the UX design and visual design of the CFEngine websites and application GUI
- Deliver intuitive, user-centered solutions with a focus on ease of use
- Create wireframes, mockups and implementation-ready designs for new features
- Work proactively with customers to find ways to improve the look and feel of CFEngine
- Work closely with the product manager and development team to implement new features and improvements
- Improve the design based on user feedback - use and test the software, organize user tests and interviews, and watch customer demos
- Influence the product roadmap and priorities based on user feedback and learnings
Required skills and experience
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a design role
- You're comfortable designing for complex products and technical audiences
- You have good collaboration skills, user empathy, communication skills, and visual communication skills
- You have some knowledge of the key concepts of usability and Human Computer Interaction
- You're experienced with common design software - Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Figma, Sketch, Invision
- You are proficient in web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS) - you can make changes without relying on a frontend developer
Northern.tech is an international and innovative team based in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.”
We have a strong belief in our company culture, and think that every day at work should be enjoyable and meaningful.
We’re looking for team players. We’re looking for people who love to learn. We’re looking for optimists. We’re looking for those who bring out the best in others. We’re looking for people who can grow. We’re looking for people who are different.
- Fair pay & benefits
- Flexible working hours & vacation time
- Generous parental and family leave
Apply for this position
If you believe you are a good fit for the position and will thrive in our working culture, please leave your details and resume below.
We believe that everyone should be treated equally and with respect while working with us, and during the hiring experience. Learn more about our application process.