Software Engineer (embedded/client)
Location: Oslo or remote
Our mission is to “Secure the world’s connected devices”. Based on can-do attitude and a collaborative working style, we have so far developed three products; CFEngine, Mender and Zener.
We seek a smart Software Engineer that can work on all our products, starting off with Mender and helping the embedded world become more secure. Mender is becoming the standard way to securely update embedded Linux devices in the field and we need more talent to help broaden Mender to new platforms and OTA update strategies..
- Make it easier to support new Linux-based OSes and boards in Mender
- Enable support for running Mender in new platforms, including RTOSes
- Designing, building and managing new and existing Mender client code
- As a developer you are responsible for
- Planning and estimating
- Testing (acceptance and integration)
Other shared tasks
- Be part of our scrum process with bi-weekly sprints
- Help answer technical questions from customers and community
- Assist in Yocto work and CI optimization
Absolute skills and experience
- 2-5 years of engineering experience
- Linux boot process
- Security and quality minded (experience with test-driven development)
Desired skills and experience
- C++, Go
- Bootloader experience (especially U-Boot)
- Experience with embedded boards
- Yocto Project and Buildroot
- Debian/Ubuntu in embedded
- Hardware security module
- Library API Design
- REST-API clients
- Jenkins and/or Travis
How do you know if this is the right job for you?
You have good interpersonal skills and are a team player. You want to be part of something cool and meaningful. You want to make a material difference. You believe in our mission to “Secure the world’s connected devices”. You are open-minded and embrace change as a good thing. You possess the “entrepreneurial” DNA.
You want to be part of something new with the potential of becoming really big, and believe you will thrive in our working culture.