Software Quality Automation Engineer
Location: Oslo or remote
Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team, and help develop next generation security platform? We are an experienced and successful team with offices in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices”. Our two award winning products are the established CFEngine and the newly released Mender.
For Mender we are looking to hire a Software Quality Automation engineer. Do you like the challenge we have taken on? Are you an engineer with passion for speed and quality using automation?
- Continuously develop code and leverage automation to reduce test cycle times
- Maintain and improve test automation framework fully integrated with our CI-system
- Ensure a miminum of 75% test coverage of new code (developers are responsible for writing tests)
- Develop new end-to-end integration test
- Analyze, identify and manage bugs and system defects
- Develop and maintain monitoring and test tooling used for Hosted Mender
- Maintain and improve software release scripts
Other shared tasks
- Work with and enable developers to ensure new features are well documented and easy to understand
- Be responsible for always seeking to reduce overall time from code commit to production ready code
- Develop and maintain various testing tools used for development and testing
Desired skills and experience
- Experienced Linux software tester and developer with minimum 3 years experience
- Solid understanding of the HTTP protocol and REST API
- Programming experience in Python and Shell
- Basic understanding of Go, or strong desire to learn Go
- Experience with the following technologies: Docker, Docker-compose, Jenkins/Travis, AWS, Selenium/WebDriver
- In possession of the "automation DNA" who proactively fixes problems, and hates manual work
- Communicate well with both developers, operations and product members, and being able to convey messages and issues clearly
- Entrepreneurial attitude; pro-actively getting things done and being creative in finding new and better ways of doing things
- A curious investigator that takes pride in finding hidden bugs and issues
How do you know if this is the right job for you?
You want to be part of some new, cool and meaningful. You want to make a material difference. You are open-minded and embrace change as a good thing. You possess the “entrepreneurial” DNA.
Whenever you are able to automate and continuously improve the system, you smile. You are always looking for ways to automate, and you hate doing things manually or experience service degradations. Everything you do is in code. You take great pride in your work.
You believe you will thrive in our working culture, and want to be part of an international and innovative team.