Are you Agile passionate and a firm believer in self-organized and motivated teams? Do you thrive seeing people growing with the help of superb facilitation, collaboration, education, and coaching? Do you value data over opinions and aim to track team progress seeking excellence? Do you find Northern.tech's culture enticing?
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced Scrum Master / Agile Coach who will be working closely with our functional teams (as of now engineering and marketing) to ensure the best performance and process clarity.
You do not need to know how to build a spaceship or code an embedded app, but you need to know how to talk to other professionals and find ways how people can collaborate efficiently. You also have the necessary know-how to handle technical teams and product development processes and are familiar with CI/CD practices and JIRA.
Please note that for this role candidates can be located either in our Oslo office or remotely in Europe.
In this position, you will:
- Motivate and inspire team members and maximize the team's potential
- Help build a productive environment where team members own the product and enjoy working on it achieving specific project milestones and deliverables
- Bridge the gap between conceptualizing and actioning project ideas within a team and make sure the team understands the vision and the needs of the Product Owner
- Encourage self-organization within the team and empower members to make crucial decisions, estimate work, and improve their collaboration on the project
- Drive continuous improvement in collaboration, communication, and usage of tools between team members
- Analyze release and sprint burndown charts and other relevant metrics to understand sprint and release cadence
- Define the metrics goals and work proactively to communicate and set the expectations towards achieving those
- Facilitate the Scrum events and meetings, ensuring a productive and positive outcome is obtained
- Facilitate and participate in retrospectives to capture areas for improvement and foster continuous improvements mentality
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that might occur within the teams
Desired skills and experience
- Proven track record of successful execution in this (or similar) role in IT
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in agile methodologies, frameworks, and best practices (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming)
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques, ceremonies, and artifacts (such as the definition of done, user stories, backlog refinement)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- A natural interest in people and an influential and inspiring personality (you lead with empathy, putting the team first: you're an educator, coach, and team player)
- Affinity for technological interaction, particularly with tools such as JIRA, GitHub, and Slack
- A thorough understanding of how an Agile mindset fosters innovation and value
- Experience with Agile Marketing is a plus
Northern.tech is an international and innovative team based in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.”
We have a strong belief in our company culture, and think that every day at work should be enjoyable and meaningful.
We’re looking for team players. We’re looking for people who love to learn. We’re looking for optimists. We’re looking for those who bring out the best in others. We’re looking for people who can grow. We’re looking for people who are different.
- Fair pay & benefits
- Flexible working hours & vacation time
- Generous parental and family leave
Apply for this position
If you believe you are a good fit for the position and will thrive in our working culture, please leave your details and resume below.
We believe that everyone should be treated equally and with respect while working with us, and during the hiring experience. Learn more about our application process.