To strengthen our marketing efforts for Mender, we are seeking a dynamic, data-driven intern with strong analytical, written and verbal skills. You will work closely with the marketing team to build a strong pipeline for the acquisition of new customers, and increase awareness of Mender in general.
This role is ideal for someone with little or no experience who wants to break into the business side of the enterprise software industry, with a focus on the exciting and growing market sector of the Internet of Things.
You will be assigned one of our core developers as your mentor. The project and tasks will be jointly decided between you and the mentor. You must be a strong C developer and able to refer us to projects you have worked on or contributed to (we love home-grown fun projects). As a C developer you will contribute to the core of CFEngine, which constitutes the foundation for the leanest and most scalable automation solution in the world.
You will be assigned one of our core developers as your mentor. The project and tasks will be jointly decided between you and the mentor. You must have experience with Python and strong interest in QA and how to continuously optimize testing, coverage and reporting on code quality through automation.
In these positions, you will:
- Be a part of an agile marketing team
- Learn from and cooperate with people across teams, at different seniority levels
- Perform data analyses to support the creation of sales intelligence and business development reports, sales tools, and custom presentations
- Perform data analyses to help the marketing team build and design charts and infographics that can be used in case studies, white papers, presentations and social media postings
- Learn to use and analyse user and customer behaviour from different tools including Google Analytics, ActiveCampaign and Salesforce to name but a few
- Help the product marketing team do market research and customer segmentation using survey tools and platform usage data
- Be creative, and be encouraged to bring novel ideas on how data science tools can be used to help generate increased interest in our product from the target audience
- Help with the execution of the SEO strategy - general and technical content writing, on page optimizations, backlink building and technical SEO.
- You really want this opportunity and you will demonstrate this in a test assignment
- You have recently, or will soon finish education
- You are driven, ambitious, and goal-oriented
- You have strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- You have the ability to learn quickly and manage multiple priorities or projects
- You are driven and resourceful in finding new approaches to ensure a message is resonating with potential customers
- You're a problem solver and can identify ways to improve or make processes more efficient
- You're familiar with or can quickly learn marketing & sales systems and tools
- Fluency in more than one language would be advantageous - especially in German, French or Japanese
Northern.tech is an international and innovative team based in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.”
We have a strong belief in our company culture, and think that every day at work should be enjoyable and meaningful.
We’re looking for team players. We’re looking for people who love to learn. We’re looking for optimists. We’re looking for those who bring out the best in others. We’re looking for people who can grow. We’re looking for people who are different.
- Fair pay & benefits
- Flexible working hours & vacation time
- Generous parental and family leave
Apply for this position
If you believe you are a good fit for the position and will thrive in our working culture, please leave your details and resume below.
We believe that everyone should be treated equally and with respect while working with us, and during the hiring experience. Learn more about our application process.