The world’s products are getting smart and software defined. To help companies transform, we seek an experienced, inspiring and team oriented marketing leader with a proven track record of scaling a B2B enterprise software growth-stage company and spearheading our marketing efforts.
This new role is created to lead a growing Marketing team of currently 4 FTE marketeers, 1 agility leader and 1 intern. Mender Enterprise was launched last year, and already serves several industry leading Fortune 1,000 companies. The potential for Mender is tremendous, and we seek a person who sees the same potential as we do with the drive and ability to lift Mender commercially up to the next level.
Our short-term goal is to focus on demand marketing activities.
In this position, you will:
- Own our continuous marketing plan (product owner of marketing)
- Own key marketing deliverables against measurable and time-defined goals
- Work closely with our marketing process owner to ensure team efficiency and predictability (we practice Agile marketing)
- Work cross-functionally with product, customer success and sales teams to ensure high quality and number of leads to meet fast growing sales targets
- Ensure continuation and strengthening of Mender’s position as the leading OTA and device management solution for IoT
- Develop and implement a cohesive and integrated marketing plan to increase brand awareness
- Budget: Scale paid campaigns, budget efficiently, manage and report on ROI
Desired skills and experience
- Leadership skills to inspire, and lead the marketing organization with clearly defined roles
- Proven track record of experience in at least one culture-first b2b software company in a similar role
- Experience in building a well-know b2b tech brand, ideally from IoT, Cybersecurity or System management
- Experience working with hybrid (local and distributed) teams
- Experience scaling marketing functions in a fast growth environment
- Strong multi-cultural interpersonal skill sets
- Analytical and data-driven mindset (no room for ego, or Highest-Paid Person's Opinion)
- A creative thinker with proven ability to execute and learn from marketing programs
- Knowledge of current best practices for lead generation marketing
- Industry experience in IoT highly preferred: Understanding ecosystem in IoT and industry dynamics, trends and opportunities.
Northern.tech is an international and innovative team based in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.”
We have a strong belief in our company culture, and think that every day at work should be enjoyable and meaningful.
We’re looking for team players. We’re looking for people who love to learn. We’re looking for optimists. We’re looking for those who bring out the best in others. We’re looking for people who can grow. We’re looking for people who are different.
- Fair pay & benefits
- Flexible working hours & vacation time
- Generous parental and family leave
Apply for this position
If you believe you are a good fit for the position and will thrive in our working culture, please leave your details and resume below.
We believe that everyone should be treated equally and with respect while working with us, and during the hiring experience. Learn more about our application process.