Are you an embedded engineer who loves talking to people and sharing ideas and technical concepts? Are you interested in bleeding edge technologies, and believe you have the power to make Mender Hub the world’s largest repository of OTA update enabled devices?
To strengthen our developer relations and facilitate community growth, we are seeking a highly technical and extroverted person who thrives in the open source space to our customer success organization.
In this position, you will:
- Make Mender Hub the world’s largest repository of OTA update enabled devices
- Create hardware integrations from various board vendors
- Encourage others to integrate Mender with new hardware boards
- Evangelize new and existing features with developers to ensure they are able to take full advantage of ongoing enhancements and improvements
- Champion the needs of developers in implementation of OTA enabled connected embedded products
- Translate developer needs to internal product team and be an advocate for remote software management driven solutions with users and partners
- Assist in creating technical content (tutorials, videos, articles) to address the needs of the developer community
- Work with product, engineering, marketing, and sales to launch effective marketing campaigns, build demos, and present at technical conferences, meetups and online events
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to identify new areas and opportunities for growth and provide insights and intelligence with a data-driven mindset
- Be an external and internal facilitator
- Facilitate for Northern.tech engineers to share their knowledge externally at conferences, etc. (as measured by the number of engagements)
- Facilitate for developers to engage with Mender in the best way possible (as measured by github and Mender Hub statistics)
Desired skills and experience
- Deep experience of embedded technology (including Yocto)
- Extroverted, with proven people skills
- Experience talking at various technology conferences
- You have examples of written technical content
- Experience working with and contributing to open source projects, developers, platforms, communities and user groups
Northern.tech is an international and innovative team based in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.”
We have a strong belief in our company culture, and think that every day at work should be enjoyable and meaningful.
We’re looking for team players. We’re looking for people who love to learn. We’re looking for optimists. We’re looking for those who bring out the best in others. We’re looking for people who can grow. We’re looking for people who are different.
- Fair pay & benefits
- Flexible working hours & vacation time
- Generous parental and family leave
Apply for this position
If you believe you are a good fit for the position and will thrive in our working culture, please leave your details and resume below.
We believe that everyone should be treated equally and with respect while working with us, and during the hiring experience. Learn more about our application process.