Location: Remote (Europe)
Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team, and help develop and grow next generation security platform? We are an experienced and successful team with offices in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices”. Our two award winning products are the established CFEngine.com and the newly released Mender.io.
To strengthen our commercial team at CFEngine, we are seeking a dynamic technical sales engineer with a genuine drive to create customer solutions. Our new Customer Engineer will work closely with our product manager to ensure product/market fit, design and create relevant technical marketing material and pursue new customer prospects.
- Customer support - assist in onboarding and continuous use of CFEngine
- Presales/field engineering. Using your technical excellence to help prospects understand how CFEngine fits into their plans, both remotely and onsite as needed
- Provide onsite and remote professional services. As needed on a case-by-case basis
- Work closely with our product manager and customers to test and validate product hypothesis
- Influencing product roadmap. Gathering market feedback and funneling it to the product team
- Crafting and submitting CFPs, and delivering talks at conferences
- Contributing to documentation and technical marketing content
- Travel may be up to 20%, dependent on customer demand
Desired skills and experience
- 2-5 years experience
- Deep Linux/UNIX engineering background
- Worked as as DevOps engineer in large-scale IT-operations
- Experience with several existing infrastructure-as-code and DevOps tools like Git, Jira, Jenkins
- Minimum 1 year experience with CFEngine/Puppet/Chef or Salt/Ansible
- Assertive and empathic listener to customer needs
- People person who does what it takes to achieve defined goals
How do you know if this is the right job for you?
You want to be part of some new, cool and meaningful. You want to make a material difference. You are open-minded and embrace change as a good thing. You possess the “entrepreneurial” DNA.
You believe you will thrive in our working culture, and want to be part of an international and innovative team.