Director Business Development Partnerships
Location: Europe (preferrably Germany)
Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team and help bring to market a must-have open source software product to connected devices/the Internet of Things? We are an experienced and successful team with offices in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.” Our two award winning products are the established CFEngine and the newly released Mender.
To utilize the very promising growth potential of Mender, we are seeking an experienced business development person with a solid track record and network in the embedded space.
In this role, you will be our first dedicated business partner person. You will be responsible for creating and implementing partnerships to support Mender’s partner and distribution strategy. You will identify, develop, and drive strategic relationships with key distribution (eg. board manufacturers) and system integration partners and define and ensure clear business expectations. The person will be responsible for indirect revenue target and is expected to possess necessary technical know-how to drive efficient cross-functional efforts from discovery proof-of-concepts to eventual revenue generating partnerships.
- Own indirect revenue target
- Own partnerships lifecycle
- Lead the overall execution and relationship management for partners including the initial research, scoping and business development (BD) work with partners identified and nurtured by yourself
- Responsible for defining a partnership strategy aligned with product and company strategy
- Address partner needs by having a very deep and discerning understanding of the end-user and buyer personas of the partners and their customers
- Build effective value proposition and messaging for partners, press, influencers and analysts
- Define, measure, and track relevant monthly metrics against goals
- Ensure access to sufficient data sources (google analytics, revenue statistics, costs structures, etc.) to ensure data driven decisions
- Work closely with product management and sales.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum 4 years experience in building revenue generating partnerships and long term strategic relationships in Europe and North America
- Track record of working with system integrators like Accenture, IBM, Tata Consultancy, BAE Systems, etc.
- Data-driven and analytical while strong interpersonal skill sets
- Startup experience (less than 50 employees) preferred and a comfort in small teams with an emphasis on execution and getting things done. Ability to wear multiple hats seamlessly
- Process-practical: You value repeatable practices but not at the expense of progress. You are never afraid to speak up when best practices prove not to be and encourage others to challenge the status quo
- Experience from in embedded systems, Internet of Things (IoT), connected devices space
How do you know if this is the right job for you?
You want to be part of some new, cool and meaningful. You want to make a material difference. You are open-minded and embrace change as a good thing. You possess the “entrepreneurial” DNA.
You believe you will thrive in our working culture, and want to be part of an international and innovative team.