With our recent release of Hosted Mender, the Mender update server as a service, we thought it was a good time to reassess our support for the Toradex Colibri platforms. Previously we had supported the Colibri i.MX7 platform as a standard Yocto integration pairing our meta-mender layer with the Toradex Yocto support.
The new seamless integration between Toradex Easy Installer and Hosted Mender gives an out-of-the-box OTA updates experience to Toradex customers - no need to spend time on board integration or server management.
These simple steps are now all that is needed to enable OTA updates to a Toradex board:
- Sign up for Hosted Mender (first month, up to $100 usage is free)
- Boot your Toradex board into Easy Installer (Internet connectivity is required)
- Select the Mender Easy Installer image
- Input your username and password for Hosted Mender (from step 1)
- Your Toradex device shows up in Hosted Mender and you can deploy software updates to it
You can also build your own Linux images for Toradex boards and Easy Installer, meeting the following requirements:
- Yocto version Rocko
- Mender client 1.5 integrated
- Colibri i.MX7 platform
- Easy Installer compatible
- Qt™ UI for configuring your Hosted Mender account
This setup allows you to use the Toradex Easy Installer to quickly provision your board with the initial image, and then move forward using Hosted Mender for your OTA updates.
All the tools for building your own artifacts are available in our standard meta-mender layer. When combined with the community open source Yocto layers, you can modify the Yocto configuration as needed for your design and deploy your builds over the air. Look out for future blog posts detailing how to setup your builds for the Toradex platform
We will be demonstrating this new technology in a webinar hosted by Toradex on August 23. We would love to have you join us to learn more. In the meantime feel free to reach out to us to discuss your OTA update needs. We can be reached at any of the following: