Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team, and help develop and grow a next generation IoT security platform?
To ensure continued reliability and a high-level of automation on our hosted Mender service, we seek to strengthen our SRE team.
We seek someone who will contribute to designing, building, maintaining, securing and operating all services within the organization through automation. Provide support to both external and internal customers regarding those services. The SRE engineer is responsible for the services' availability, security, performance, monitoring, and incident response.
In this position, you will:
- Design the architecture of the environments integrating Services, and develop/implement tools for automating Services deployment and maintenance
- Research and select the Services used across the organization
- Partner with people in the organization to formulate solutions when introducing new services
- Be an advisor to teams with guidance and expertise in the field of operations, security and infrastructure
- Provide first-line support to the internal and second/third-line support to the external users of the supported Services
- Ensure supported Services operate in a secure and reliable way and are up to date
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with scale/performance and operability in mind
- Manage user access and access policies for Services
- Be part of Northern.tech security team
- Participate in on-call duty
About our next SRE Engineer
Required skills and experience
- At least 5 years of SRE experience
- At least 1 year of experience architecting and managing Kubernetes clusters.
- Proficient in the container ecosystem
- Skilled in one of popular IaaC (CloudFormation/Terraform/etc…)
- Experience with DevOps toolchains such as Docker, Gitlab CI/Travis/Jenkins, Git.
- Experience with at least one of system monitoring tools (Prometheus is preferred)
- Experience deploying and managing NoSQL databases
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Experience with at least one of the popular cloud providers (AWS is preferred)
- Experience with building and maintaining logging infrastructure
- MSc. in Engineering, Information Technology, or similar
- Python and Golang knowledge
- MongoDB experience
- Gitlab CI experience
- Previous success in technical engineering
- Coding experience beyond simple scripts
Northern.tech is an international and innovative team based in Oslo, Norway and California, USA who have set out on a mission to “Secure the World’s Connected Devices.”
We have a strong belief in our company culture, and think that every day at work should be enjoyable and meaningful.
We’re looking for team players. We’re looking for people who love to learn. We’re looking for optimists. We’re looking for those who bring out the best in others. We’re looking for people who can grow. We’re looking for people who are different.
- Fair pay & benefits
- Flexible working hours & vacation time
- Generous parental and family leave
Apply for this position
If you believe you are a good fit for the position and will thrive in our working culture, please leave your details and resume below.
We believe that everyone should be treated equally and with respect while working with us, and during the hiring experience. Learn more about our application process.